Wednesday, June 18, 2008

to begin, or not to begin?

i have at least 5-7 different journals that i've purchased with the intent of filling with my daily thoughts, prayers, and remembrances. i think the first page of each journal goes something like this... "well, here's another attempt at journaling". i've gotten further along in a few more than the rest, but usually i just quit trying. not bragging about that, it's actually a little embarrassing because it seems to me that journaling should come easy to me. i really do like to write, once i get started. but i also like to procrastinate, so yeah, that's a problem. again, not bragging, more like confessing.

i've decided i'm going to try this blogging thing (listen to me, i sound so naive and unexperienced, haha). it's not that i'm thinking this different venue is going to make a world of difference for me. i know that if my thoughts are ever going to make it out of my head onto 'paper', it will depend on me actually giving them a voice. but maybe, just maybe, since this is a much more public forum than the (really cool looking) journals that i've purchased (and well-meaning friends have purchased for me) sitting dusty on my bookshelf, i'll do better this time.

so, here's to another attempt at journaling. i hope to share my thoughts honestly and openly, yet always honoring Jesus Christ with what i say and the way i say it.

No comments: