Saturday, July 26, 2008

world's best burger


since my wife has been away visiting her family in canada these past 2 weeks, i've begun finding things to do to keep myself occupied so i don't miss her so much.  i still miss her much, but at least i'm keeping busy.  so tonight i had dinner with some friends of ours, greg and deidra.

greg had told me about this awesome burger he had at mickey finn's, a place in downtown libertyville, not too far from where i live.  he called it the world's best burger, and i had to find out for myself.  imagine with me, if you will, eight ounces of ground tenderloin with crumbled bleu cheese on a soft egg roll bun accompanied by sweet potato fries!  oh man, i do have to say that if it's not the world's best burger it sure does come close.  and all for only $10.25!  (listen to me, i sound like a commercial!)  but seriously, truly one of the best i've eaten.

we had a nice time with good conversation and good food.  sometime soon after liz gets home i'll be taking her to try the world's best burger.  red robin is a big favorite of ours, but this might prove to be some competition.  we shall see...

1 comment:

T and B Rowe said...

So I'm putting a link here to a blog post I did a while back about hamburgers - you need to check out the book that I mention in the post.
http://tbrowe.blogspot.com/2008/07/crabills-hamburgers.html
You may just find other "world's best hamburger" places nearby.